Friday, January 27, 2012

This Week and Other Such Non-Formalities

The snow has mostly melted, the sun actually broke through the clouds yesterday, it tried to rain/snow today but didn't get further than about 10 flakes and now the sun is back out again, the boys had a wonderful morning with their Grandma and their mommy had a wonderful morning by herself...it's a good ending to the week, despite what the rest of it held.


Last week Friday Bryan came home from work early and the car was covered in thick ice.  It was raining ice, but not nearly as much as some areas south of here.

One of Brandon's new favorite games--wheel barrow.

Micah tries too...  ;)
 Monday Uncle James came for supper and put the boys to bed.  Bryan and I had a meeting at church. He helped them build a tall tower which both boys were extremely proud of.  Brandon decided it needed to be taller on Tuesday so he kept going up, then it crashed, so he re-built it and made it even taller yet, then it crashed again, so he rebuilt it with some help, and it crashed again...then he was done. 


Micah didn't help the stabilization very much...


Yesterday the sun was shining brightly so we went to the park.  I've been making Micah walk more instead of being in the stroller so much--he doesn't like the idea very much.   See that pouty face?

And finally, it's Friday, which means it's the day to check in with P52.  Can I just say that I don't understand why every photo contest/group ALWAYS has to have a "self-portrait" theme?  Really, there are far better ways to encourage a photographer to get in front of the camera!!!!!  Okay, I'm done ranting.  It's at this point that I usually drop out of these groups because self-portraits drive me nuts!  But I'm not willing to do P4 instead of P52 so I had to push through it.  I went online for some creative self-portrait ideas to try and here's what happened.

Inspired by Carolina Farre

Inspired by Fergus Ray Murray
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

And that brings us to the end of yet another week. 

There are times when God brings us up short and very pointedly reminds us of his truths.  This morning it was Psalm 46:10: "BE STILL, and KNOW that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

May you find peace and rest in knowing that he is God.
Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I do this weird thing with my face when I take a self portrait and end up giving myself a double chin. You'd think I remember but no...it keeps happening over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete