Friday, February 3, 2012

Beauty

This week was about seeing God's beauty in many different aspects of life. 

I saw beauty in Brandon growing into a wonderful boy who stands up for his brother in a Godly way.  On Monday we were in the grocery store and another little boy came up to us.  Brandon was pushing the cart with Micah in it and I was looking at the shelves.  The little boy said, holding Micah's arm, "He doesn't have a hand.  How come he doesn't have a hand?"  My first instinct was to jump in and take over the conversation but then I stopped and decided to see how Brandon would respond.  He said, "Because that's the way God made him.  And that's okay."  My heart melted.  God is in that little boy.

We saw beauty in how Micah started using more and more of his communication skills this week.  There was nothing specific that I can think of but several times this week I stopped and was amazed at how little kid's minds grow and develop.

We saw the beauty of prayer this week.  My grandpa ended up in the hospital and when he came home there was a regimen of therapists that needed to come to the house to help him out.  I know many were praying for the right therapists to come.  Grandma told me yesterday that one of the therapists who comes the most is a very Godly man who doesn't shy away from giving glory to God for the patience he gives in this job.  It was an answer to prayer.

We saw beauty from a distance and yet we were part of it.  Not only were some of the sunrises and sunsets spectacular this week, but Wednesday evening Bumpa called and said, "I'm looking for passengers to go flying with me."  The boys and I were just coming in from a fun afternoon in the sun and dirt, but we jumped (literally for Brandon) at the opportunity.






Flowers are always beautiful in my book.  Wednesday, Sally gave me some Tulips after Bible Study and they were the perfect subject for this week's P52 "Shadows" theme--thankfully we even had bright sunshine that afternoon, too.  Tulips are a promise of spring to me (despite what the ground hog might have said yesterday). 





project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

Praying your week was full of beauty too, at least of seeing God's beauty and faithfulness.

Blessings on your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yes...so much beauty all around!!


    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I had tulip shadows, too. Your little boy has the most gorgeous blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete