Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

Christmas Eve we had at home as a family.  We always try to make a point of having a day with just our kids to open presents--just seems important to have some of that kind of family time in the midst of all the "big" family time.

There are far too many pictures to share, most of them just opening gift after gift, so I thought I'd share some of the classics from what went on that evening.

Micah would tear one little piece off and then hand it to Bryan or Brandon. 
It was a long process opening his presents.

"Are you doing it right?  Here let me help you..."

I made bags for each of the kids with their initials on them for going to the library and/or Grandma's house.  Brandon was very proud of it!

Since both boys love helping me in the kitchen, I also made aprons for them.
A picture with all the presents to take care of??  Not a chance.

"Look, Mom!"

"I can dress just like Uncle Aaron now!"  He was very excited.

But the most exciting gift of the evening for him....

...was Cranky for his Thomas trains. 

"Look, Mom.  It's my very own of this book!"  We had just gotten it from the library
and it was fast becoming a favorite already.

Micah was our organizer of the evening.  We moved his small toys up onto the couch so they wouldn't get lost in the paper
and after that he made it his job to put every gift on the couch.  Often, he tried taking it right out of our hands before it was opened. 

Micah's favorite of the night.  He started banging away on it while Bryan was trying to
get it out of the package for him because he was so excited.

Excited!

"I'm SOOOOO done!"
It's so much fun having kids at Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment