Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sunny Days

If you know me even slightly, you know I LOVE the sun!!!!  When the sun peeks through the clouds, especially during the long winter/spring, we head outside no matter what needs to be done inside. 

We've had FOUR WHOLE DAYS of sunny weather this week and have enjoyed every one of them.  Here's what I've come to love about (warm) sunny days...

The way the flowers shine/glow when the sun is setting...



The smell of freshly mowed green grass...


The need for sun glasses...


Sandaled (or bare) feet...


Chubby legs discovering the texture/feel of grass for the first time...


Cute hats on even cuter kids (I may be a bit biased)...


Brandon enjoying being a big brother...


Watching Brandon's imagination take new avenues every day (like needing to feed his horse so he will run FASTER)...


Watching little boys thrill in being able to run and play outside...


My Brandon who wants to lay in the grass with me and play an imaginary game of "Memory" and chit chat about whatever comes to mind or passes by...


Playing at Bumpa and Grandma's house...





Sweet Shot Day

In other news, many of you will be as ecstatic as we were about Brandon running to the playground yesterday.  (Running...nothing new.)  The difference was he ran with both feet on the ground, as opposed to his post-cast one-legged run dragging his launch pad (the other leg) behind him.  He is finally gaining more strength and confidence in his left leg again and we are so thankful.  It has brought tears to the surface of my mother's heart watching my boy want to run FAST so badly and just not able to do so that I cried out of sheer joy yesterday from watching a glimmer of his old self come back. 

Today we are going swimming at the YMCA.  Bryan and I thought maybe some gentle water resistance will help strengthen his leg even more and since it hasn't been warm enough, long enough for a pool outside yet, we're trying to get him to the Y a couple times in the next couple weeks.

Time for me to get a move on.  It's been a lovely chat over a cup of coffee, but now the duties call and I must get the laundry started.

As a friend wrote to me this morning, " May His Blessings pour down on you today like the rain!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a great group of pictures! Love each one.

    ReplyDelete