Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Momentous Day

We have hit yet another milestone of kiddos getting too big! 

A while back booster seats were on sale at Freds for a really good price, and we knew that was the next step for Brandon, so we picked one up.  The weight was 40lbs and that's all I could find about it.  I weighed him the other day and he was 38lbs.  Groan.  It takes FOREVER to get this kid to gain one pound let alone two. 

Well, today I was telling this to a friend and she said I should check the height requirements since Brandon is so tall.  I looked for a while, but couldn't find anything so I opened up the box and read the instruction manual.  Sure enough the height requirements are 40-57 inches as long as the seat belts lays properly.  I measured Brandon and he is 40.5 inches and the seat belt lays exactly where it's supposed to.

Yay!!  Buckling car seats is not my favorite job and whereas it makes me a bit sad that he is tall enough for it and can move up to the next step, part of me is excited that I will have fewer buckles to work through putting the kids in the car.

Brandon, meanwhile, is ecstatic...  "Can we go somewhere now, Mommy?"

1 comment:

  1. Milestones are sad for me too but it's so nice to be able to say, 'go get in the car and get buckled' and not have to lug them into their seats.

    ReplyDelete