Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Hours of Sunshine

As I've said numerous times, when the sun (or even a little blue sky) breaks through, we head outside these days.  It may last a day and may only last a couple hours--but it's better to take full advantage of what we do get.

Saturday once again started out gloomy and dreary.  I went shopping for a couple hours in the morning (if you have kids you'll know what I mean when I say it's amazing how much more you can get done in two hours when you don't have kids with you--never ceases to amaze me!)  Anyway, as I was driving home there were a few patches of blues sky so I called Bryan and told him I was going to tackle the shed full force in the afternoon.  He fully agreed it was over due.

This was the third time we've cleaned it in the three years we've lived here and before we would set things aside that "might" be useful in the future and put it back in.  This time, however, if we hadn't used it in the three years we've been here, it was relocated!

By the evening, we had it all cleaned out (though there's still a pile that has to go to the dump), and the sun was shining brilliantly.  Don and Sally called and asked if we'd like to take a joy ride on the lake with them and enjoy the sunset, so we did.  It was the perfect ending to a stressful and busy week.

After a crazy week, it was very therapeutic for Bryan to drive the boat.

Brandon enjoyed all different aspects of the boat.

These two are best buds.

Aren't you supposed to learn to drive on your daddy's knee?  There's no better place to be when you're a boy.

He was so proud...

Micah just snuggled in next to Grandma...

and fell asleep.  :)

Talk about seeing things through rose colored glasses...this
was taken through my sunglasses, just for fun.
Yesterday started out raining again.  I told Bryan I woke up and started a packing list in my head to drive to sunshine...Colorado sounded really good!

Our friends, the Kennedy's came over to play for a couple hours in the afternoon and the Lord blessed us with some sun as well, so we headed to the park.  It was a great time!




All four boys were fascinated with watching the popcorn pop.  It was so fun to hear them all giggle over it.

Praying you are finding joy in life and LIVING today.
Blessings

Sweet Shot Day

No comments:

Post a Comment