Friday, June 10, 2011

Blaine Marine Park

The last couple months I have become more and more aware of the number of parks in the area that I had no idea existed.  So, my biggest goal for the summer is to visit a different park each week (these do not include the Lynden city park or Bender park--those are necessities to survival for me and the children).  We will also be visiting parks we've already been to before, but for the most part I want to see as many new ones as possible.  (So if you have any suggestions shoot me an email or leave a comment...)

Today, we started our adventures by going to the Blaine Marine Park and let me just say off the bat, that it is a DUD for kids.  It doesn't say in any of the online write ups that you can't go down to the water.  There are signs posted all over the place that it is a "Bird Foraging Area" so people are not allowed down to the water.  It does have a beautiful waterfront gravel path for adults to enjoy, and an abundance of benches to sit on and enjoy the view, but for kids, it's quite boring.  Brandon was quite devistated.  He did play on the Orca statues for a while and Micah tried, but it didn't last very long.

Here are some pictures:







I put Micah on the smallest Orca, thinking he would slide down it like I've taught him on the slide...


Unfortunately, I think his foot caught and he did a face plant on the rough asphalt instead...


His scratched up face actually looks worse now that it's all red, but his tears make this one too cute...


And here's Brandon in his new booster seat.  He's not very happy here cause we were leaving and he didn't get to throw any rocks in the water...


Anyway, I'm not deterred.  Next week is already sounding more promising.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment