Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh My...

I had a good chuckle this morning when I turned on our porch light to see how much snow was on the ground.  We have a "tree bush" (no idea what it's really called) in the back that normally looks like this (taken during a different snow fall):


This morning, however, it looked like this:


Almost as if it is doing a jig and saying to me "Ta-da!  Yes, there's more snow this morning."  I wonder if it will bounce back.

It was raining ice this morning when I got up (around 5:15).  We are pretty big wimps around here cause all the schools have shut down.  I drove in far more snow than this for three years in Iowa, but it wasn't nearly as icy/slippery as snow is here.  I made Bryan take the Explorer to work this morning cause I didn't want him sliding around in that little go-cart he usually drives.  It means I won't be at Bible study (if it happens) this morning, but I'd much prefer having my husband safe.

Besides, me and snow, we don't get along so well so I'm perfectly content to stay inside my warm house!  Now if I can only figure out how to get our garbage can out to the street, down our ice covered sloped driveway without falling we'll be all set...

Praying you're staying warm in heart and home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment