Friday, November 19, 2010

Beauty

Today I'm pondering beauty.  (Probably because I need to find something positive about the snow outside...yuck!)  Snow is beautiful when I'm inside my nice warm house and I don't have to go out into the cold.  It's probably the coldness that bothers me about snow, not so much the snow itself.  Anyway, whenever it snows I think of Psalm 51:7 where David talks about God washing us whiter than snow.  It's such a beautiful word picture.  Fresh snow makes everything "new" again, whether it's green grass (a soul enjoying God), brown grass (a soul thirsting and wandering) or muddy/slushy grass (a soul bogged down with sin and /or needing repair).


5:30 AM with the porch light on--I love the way the snow is streaked.


It's cool (ha ha get it) how the blue sky is reflecting off the white snow making the whole picture look blue.




Children are beautiful.  The wonder and amazement (and utter confusion on Micah's part) in both Brandon and Micah's faces when they saw/experienced the snow this morning was a lot of fun to watch.  (I got some really cute pictures this morning of the boys, but I'm saving them for my Christmas cards.)  Brandon went out and played for quite a while in the snow this morning and really enjoyed it!



Love the goofy grin

There's nothing like a cup of warm chocolate after playing in the snow!
Finally, I'm thinking of the beauty of child-like faith.  Last night Brandon had a pretty bad nightmare.  He didn't tell me what it was about, but he was pretty shaken from it.  We sat on his bed and talked about Jesus being right there and holding him even tighter than Mommy was and then we prayed that Jesus would take away the scary dream and give him some peaceful sleep.  As we talked and prayed I could feel his little body completely relax and by the time I layed him back down he was already half asleep again, trusting completely!

Praying you too are find beauty in your day and in the God who won't let you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment