Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Precious Moments: A Brandon Conversation

Brandon is trying to figure out life...asking lots of questions, trying to make connections and generalizations and putting thoughts into words that he can understand.  This morning he was snuggling on my lap and he started shivering a little bit.  Here's the conversation that ensued:

Me: Are you cold, honey?
B: No, I just feel that God is coming in to me.
Me: Oh that's so good!  God is coming to live in your heart?
B: Yes, and he's going to make my body work properly.
Me: Yes, God does make your body work properly.
B: And when I eat breakfast he's going to catch the food.  But Mommy, I'm still hungry.

I had to smile.  God is living in that boy and making everything work properly...he even catches the food!  After weeks of trying to figure out how to make his body work properly it was a timely God-reminder that God is ultimately the one in control of his little body.

Wise words from a four year old with child-like faith.
Blessings on your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment