Friday, March 23, 2012

P52 and Monkeys

I know the P52 theme of "Hunger" is taken from the Hunger Games and everyone is in to the Hunger Games these days, but in all reality I want nothing to do with the Hunger Games.  There's just something too sadistic about getting excited about a book/movie where children killing each other for entertainment for the "Capitol" is exciting and riveting.  The first book gave me nightmares--no joke, and I won't pick up the other two let alone watch the movie.  Ugh.

Anyway, enough of my ranting.  I decided instead to go with our St Patrick's day breakfast.  I made green eggs--that's right up there on the list of "things I never thought I'd do as a mom".  Brandon's still talking about them!


project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

I love everything about this next picture.  Bumpa and Grandma came for supper Saturday night and here Bumpa is "reading" the boys the story about "Ralph" the train engine.  Brandon was a little stymied and not quite sure what to do with it I think.  ;)  It was fun to watch.


And finally, we've had lots of "Monkey See, Monkey Do" going on around here--although there are days when it's a toss up of who's copying whom.


We have a busy day today and a fun evening attending a wedding tonight.  I'm so excited a friend very sweetly offered to watch the boys so we could have a night off in the adult world!

Blessings on your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. There is such magic when children are read to. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just love one grandchild to read to!! I keep bugging my kids, but they aren't listening!! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete