Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Micah Ism...

Brandon has been the main character of this blog lots lately, so it's probably time for Micah to have a little lime light. 

Micah is a stubborn boy...and that's saying it quite mildly.  I have struggled for months to get him to use sign language--I know he can and he understands when to use it, but he simply refuses with all his might.  How do I know he can?  Because of the one or two times he's said "Please" in sign language, and because the other day when I looked at him and said "Please" verbally and in sign language, he leaned forward and stuck his hand out for me to do it for him.  He's a stinker!!

Well, last week he wanted something really, really badly and was getting very upset with me for continually repeating, "Say Please" and signing it to him.  Finally, he decided I wasn't going to give in to him until he made some sort of effort, so instead of signing "Please" he simply said the sound, "P...P...P..." and looked at me as if to say, "I don't want to do it your way, I want to do it my way and saying the word is far easier than signing."  What could I do?  I gave in with a laugh--as long as he's trying to be polite somehow instead of screaming at me, I'll take it! 

I'm also going to try post a video of a new stunt he figured out the other day.  Stay tuned.

Blessings on your Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment