Monday, November 28, 2011

Jesse Tree

I will shamelessly admit that I have missed my mom a lot this past month.  As a kid I would dream of making a Jesse Tree for my own family some day and how fun it would be if Mom would be there to help.  Well, she's doing the work God has called her to across the ocean, and I would never begrudge her that work, but there are times like this when I miss her more.

Our Jesse Tree is complete.  For this year we're just going to hang each piece on a "tree" of branches.  Maybe next year I'll sew an actually Jesse Tree and hook them all on like we had growing up.  Each piece is made out of felt and all the detail work I painted on with fabric paints.  Overall I think they turned out really well.

Brandon has already caught on to the idea and was asking today when he could hang another picture on the tree...now if the stories stick in his head as well, it will be all that much better. 

Here's a couple pictures of how the pieces turned out.


Blessings on your Advent season--the season of anticipating the joy of Christ's return.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a Jesse tree, but it looks really neat. Nice job! So is it an advent calendar of sorts with one story per day?

    ReplyDelete