Saturday, December 31, 2011

Precious Moments: Glimpses of Truth

There are times Bryan and I look at each other and wonder  whether we're getting through to Brandon or not.  Then God blesses us with little tid bits of encouragement as if to say, "See, he's four, he's just beginning to learn about me, but I'm there."

Yesterday, while taking down the Christmas tree, Brandon was lamenting on Christmas being over.  I was beginning to wonder again whether he had learned anything in the whole season about Jesus and his love.  So I asked him some questions.

Me: Yes, Brandon Christmas is done.  It's time to put the tree away for another year, but did Jesus go away too?
Brandon: No, he didn't!!!  (very exclamatory voice)
Me: No?  Then where is he?
Brandon: He lives in our hearts, Mommy!

I could have thrown a whole other party.  The joy in hearing your son tell you Jesus lives in our hearts, is comparable to nothing.

Thank you, Lord, for glimpses of your truth in our little son!

No comments:

Post a Comment