Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Whirlwind Trip

Some background...Aaron and Stacey were married July 10 this summer, but since Micah's due date was July 15 and because of all the complications I had with Brandon, my doctor vetoed the idea of us going to the wedding.  One of their wedding gifts, from someone in Stacey's family, was buddy passes to fly to Washington, since her parents live around Olympia.  Since they were on this side of the continent visiting her family, they graciously said they would come see us as well.  We picked them up in Lynnwood Wednesday night, spent Thursday goofing off, and I took them to Seattle to fly hom early Friday morning (as in, we left home at 2:30am).   Here's their visit in pictures--cause these pictures say so much more than words ever could!!

Meeting Micah for the first time in Lynnwood--they're buds.

I looked over Thursday morning and it struck me hard for the first time:
"I see my little brother, but he looks like such a grown up man." 
(Notice I said "looks"--he'll always be my LITTLE brother at heart!)  :)
 
Auntie Stacey is GREAT at reading books!
 
Oh my!

This little guy carried the 10lb balls without even trying--amazingly strong!
 
Micah in Uncle Aaron's cowboy hat.

Good times!
 
Just hanging out with Auntie Stacey.

Brandon and "the Farmer" (as he referred to Uncle Aaron often) having a heart to heart chat.

The two cowboys getting it done.

Brandon trying to put Uncle Aaron's "boats" on his feet.

Ready for a walk.  I love the look in both their eyes--"You're trusting us together?"

Lots of fun bonding time for both boys with Uncle Aaron and Auntie Stacey.


Uncle Aaron's belt is just a tad oversized!

And of course, no visit would be complete without Uncle Aaron's antics! 
I have a great shot that will come out at some other oportune time. 
Unfortunately (or fortunately for Aaron) it is not blog appropriate.  :)
Thanks for coming, Aaron and Stacey!  We are looking forward to seeing you again in 10 days.  YIKES!!  I'd better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment