Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Light Parade

Saturday was the Christmas Light Parade.  That means for the entire day there are a group of guys who work on decorating a Len Honcoop truck for the parade.  Last year was the first year they entered, with Allegiant Air.  Allegiant does all the paper work, Honcoop gives them a trailer to decorate and then a Honcoop truck pulls the trailer through the parade.  This year they won "Best in Commercial".  Several people have asked what that means, but it pretty much is just a bragging rights thing--they don't get any prize, as far as I'm aware.  Anyway, this year I decided to get some pictures at the fairgrounds before they lined up for the parade, because I knew with it being dark and the truck moving there wasn't any chance of getting a good picture.  This experience taught me I definitely need more tutelage and practice in low-light shooting situations!!  I did get a couple good ones, but the majority of them were blurry.  It wasn't completely finished at the optimum picture time with the sunset for lighting and the wind was blowing so there were factors I didn't have any control over.  It was really just a fun experience, though.  Here are some pictures to give you an idea.


Working hard to tape literally hundreds of lights to the truck.






Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment