Monday, October 1, 2012

Looking Forward


RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) is a horrible reminder of the depraved world we live in, and I despise it!

It robs sleep, but hardest of all it makes a mother watch quite helplessly as her child struggles to breathe for hours on end.  Whether it manifests itself in croup (with Brandon) or brochialitis (with Micah), it is AWFUL!  Yes, there is medication to ease some of the discomfort but for the most part it's a waiting game, waiting for it to run its course.

Thankfully, so thankfully, the medication changes we made for Brandon helped him weather this cold without getting croup. 

Micah and I, however, saw every hour of the clock last night (except for 4am because he got up at 3:45 and 5 am) as we tried every method possible to open his lungs just a little more. 

We are home this morning, not in the ER or hospital, for which we are extremely grateful, but the fight will continue today.

This morning I'm dreaming of the day of Christ's return when RSV will have no part in his perfect world!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you all. Please call me if I can help you in any way.
    p.s. FYI..I am a lousy soup maker but I personally think that chocolate chip cookies help a cold too.

    ReplyDelete