Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kiddie Anecdotes

Aside from Saturday's picture taking fest, my camera hasn't made much of an appearance lately.  But that doesn't mean life has stopped.  Here are a few happenings around here:

Brandon:

* For the first time ever, Brandon said his memory verse to someone else, without me around, and got a prize for it.  If you know Brandon, you know he becomes extremely shy and stubborn about doing such things for other people, so we were very proud of him for it.

* Every time Brandon sees the word "Disney" on anything, books, t-shirts, movies, etc, he yells out "Hey Mom, that's from Disneyland!"  I think it made an impact.  ;)

* Thomas has woken up from his LOOONNNG summer sleep, with the coming of the rain.  It's been fascinating watching how Brandon's stories have become more complex.  He no longer wants just one track--he has to have two separate ones because in one of the movies, Hero goes back to his own island.  So now we have the Island of Sodor and "Hero's" Island in our living room.

Micah:

* Micah has started the inevitable, terribly annoying, extremely irritating "Why's".  On the other hand, he's also the one who comes up to me several times a day, grabs my arm and says, "ov u" (love you).  It melts my heart.

* Micah is becoming ever more mechanical.  He spends more time trying to figure out how the cranes work with the Thomas toys, then he does actually participating in the stories.  He has also been trying to figure out how the garage door opens.  He watches very closely every time it goes up or down.

* Micah is our observant one.  Yesterday when we got back from Bible Study I said to the boys that it was time to make cookies.  Brandon said, "Yay, cookies!" and ran off to play.  Micah went to the kitchen, pulled out the baking powder, put it on the counter, opened up the cupboard door and told me to get out the kitchen aid.

* Yesterday at Bible study, I ended up talking to some ladies for a little while after class and was the last one to pick up Micah from the nursery.  When I got there the ladies told me he had slowly watched each of the kids being picked up and then started tearing up because he figured out it was time to go, but I wasn't showing up.

Blessings on your Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment