Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Counting Our Blessings


Fall is a hard time of year for me.  The changing colors of leaves are beautiful but the cold that makes them change is awful.  Fall/Thanksgiving is the time when we focus the most on being thankful, but already in October there are Christmas trees out and advertising for presents--do we really take the time to be thankful?

So, as a way to try stay focused on thankfulness, I started a "Counting Our Blessings" poster on the fridge where we write what we are thankful for and that keeps those blessings in front of us at all times.  I also started a list as a separate page on my blog (found here).  There are many, many blogs out there doing the "1000 Blessings" but I'm just going to keep a tally running, I think.  Blessings never end, our focus gets narrower and we may see fewer of them, but God never stops blessing us.

Praying you too will find countless blessings for which to be Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment