Friday, October 7, 2011

Children and the Goings-On

Well, I was informed by two men in my life that I was completely remiss in posting pictures of all my fun on Saturday (all those old, rusted chains) and not posting any pictures of the TRAIN SHOW, of all things, and the kids!  What's this blog for, anyway??  ;)

So, to remedy my grievous sin, here are all pictures of the kids, the TRAIN SHOW, and the goings-on around here...

These train show pictures were taken on Bryan's phone since I wasn't around.



Tuesday I made applesauce for 12 hours straight.  I've been trying to get Brandon more involved in helping around the house and he is soaking it all up, being my "BIG helper".  ("Micah, you can't help cause you're still too little.")  :)  Anyway, he was my big helper and strained the peelings and seeds out of the applesauce for THREE hours straight!!  It amazed me how long he stayed interested in it.  He did take a couple breaks in between to come wash the apples for me, but otherwise he was on the chair straining.


Of course, half the fun is watching it come out...


He strained all of this!

To give you a bit of perspective on how big the blue bowl really is--I strained the stainless steel ones.

We ended up with 19 quarts of applesauce all together.  We would have had more but I burned one batch.  Seems I burn one batch every year.

And look who decided one day this week that it was time to pull himself up.  One day he struggled to pull himself up by the couch and the next day he was pulling himself up on everything.  Today he tried walking along the couch by himself.  He astonishes me how he just decides he's ready and goes for it.

Watching his goofy brother.

In case you're wondering why my children are trapped in the living room, it's because I have this
thing with children sliding, jumping, walking and scooting through my dirt and/or while
I'm trying to wash the floor.  So instead of yelling at them to quit it, I trap them in the living room.  :)

Micah is also soaking up books right now.  Wants nothing to do with the cloth ones, but anything else
he is completely engrossed in.  This is one of my favorite times of development so far.
Micah is also trying to talk.  He is definitely communicating with "ahs" but is also trying to form words.

Well, there you have it.  Our week in pictures.
Blessings on your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment