Tuesday, August 23, 2011

YUCK!

I have a tale to tell that I'm sure will have my family rolling in laughter and tears...

I hate fruit!!  Known fact.  I HATE fruit.  The only thing worse than fresh fruit, is rotten fruit.  I have to work very hard to keep down my gag reflex whenever I'm picking up fruit off the ground, or from the counter (probably because of all those banana and orange peels I had to pick up after my family growing up). 

Anyway, this afternoon I was working on weeding by the sand box and the fruit trees and since I was enjoying the feel of the dirt I wasn't wearing gloves.  Because I wasn't wearing gloves, I was being extremely careful not to touch any of the rotten yellow plums lying on the ground, and, might I add, I was being quite successful at it. 

Wouldn't you know, I turned around to see where Micah was and of all things, he had found one of those rotten yellow plums!!  Not only had he found it, but he had SQUISHED it in his fingers.  Then, because squishing it wasn't enough fun, he proceeded to squash and rub it all over his little arm!!

The thought of having to clean him up now so he can have a snack has me gagging.  YUCK! 

I just told Brandon to get a bucket of water and give it to Micah.  Ha ha!  A wet soggy boy is FAR superior to a boy with rotten fruit rubbed all over himself...

Shudder...

No comments:

Post a Comment