Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Time to Catch Up

Summer has FINALLY arrived and I thank the Lord every day for it!!  We actually hit 81 degrees today and it was fabulous.  Most of the week we've been getting low 70s but the sun has been bright so I won't complain.  It's the sun I miss the most during the long winter months.

Anyway, all that to explain that we've been outside lots lately and when I went to empty my camera of pictures I was a little surprised that my 16GB card was half full.  I never let it get that full!  Guess I have a bit of catching up to do.

Last week Thursday we had a fairly free afternoon, so after the boy's nap we decided to go for a bike ride to the park.  We played for a while and then Brandon started asking if he could go play in the creek.  It being four o'clock already I said no at first, then got to thinking that Bryan had been working late every day.  So, I called him up and he was going to work late again, so we biked back home, got a change of clothes, a towel and my camera and biked back to the park to play in the creek for a while.  The boys loved it and I was thankful we had gone home to get dry clothes for the ride back.

They started out like this...but this is boys next to water...it didn't last but a minute.

There's a rock in the middle that is great for Brandon sized kiddos to jump off of and Brandon
does every time we go play in the creek.  I love his pure abandonment when he jumps like this.




Micah thinks it's pretty funny to get splashed when Brandon jumps.

Have I ever told you this kid LOVES water and texture and the two combined is sheer ecstasy!?
NO?  I haven't told you before?  Well, let me show you some pictures.

He can move just as fast in the water as he can out of it!

But his little legs can't splash fast enough, let me tell you!

He's also extremely brave for a such a little pumpkin.  Before I realized what was happening,
he had scooted himself in up to his armpits, trying to reach Brandon's jumping rock.

See how full of water his diaper is?  I'm sure it made for some great cushioning. He was sitting a good 1.5 to 2 inches off the ground. ;)

We have been doing lots of biking lately.  Brandon is slowly becoming easier to watch on the roads, but he is such a good listener when we're riding, too...probably because I threatened him in no uncertain terms that if he decided not to listen while riding on the road he would be right back in the trailer with Micah.  He hasn't tried to push his luck yet, but he does get a bit distracted and veers all over the place at times.  I figure that's just a learning curve we have to work with.  The other day we went for an hour and a half bike ride running errands around town and he didn't complain a bit, just kept pedaling.  He was pretty tired by the end of the morning, but he sure enjoys the freedom of riding his own 'BIG' bike.


The boy's favorite time of day is when Daddy comes home.  One of Brandon's rewards for listening during the day is that he gets to play computer with Daddy.

Sometimes they play the matching game, but sometimes they play games like the boat one where Brandon gets to make the boat "Hoooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkk" as much as he wants.
 The other day, after our hour and a half bike ride in the morning, I let the boys play with water in the back yard.  I filled the clear bucket up at first so Micah could just splash around with his hand, but then Brandon decided it was his personal swimming pool and Micah got showers.  It was pretty funny to watch.



Let's just say I've been doing lots and lots of muddy laundry lately!  But it is oh so worth it to see the pure joy of being allowed to discover, play and not worry about getting dirty.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the rest of this week's pictures edited and up soon.  It was a fun and very full week of play.

Blessings on your Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment