Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Joys of Being a Mother

Brandon and I have a fun little game we play sometimes and it goes something like this:

Me: Brandon, I need to tell you a secret.
B: Comes to me for a hug
Me: I whisper in his ear "I LOVE YOU!" And proceed to give him a few tickles.

Today, while I was changing out loads in the drier, Brandon comes up to me and says: Mommy, can you tell me a swequet? 

I proceeded to play our little game, only this time he takes it a little further (my little three year old is really starting to generalize and it's a little scary).

Me: I LOVE YOU
B: giggle, giggle, giggle

B: Mommy, now I need to tew you a swequet.   I WUV UU!
Me: Laugh and more hugs
B: Mommy, now I need to tew you anoder swequet.  "I think you're a siwy boy!"
Me: Pretend offence in utter surprise that he would take it in such a direction, and proceed to give him a well deserved tickle torture!

It's times like that I absolutely LOVE being a mom!  It brings sunshine to yet more dreary weather days.

No comments:

Post a Comment