Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Swimming Lessons

It's raining outside...my northwest boys are playing outside!!  All the more power to them, I guess.  Not for me!

Anyway, Brandon had his first swimming lessons in July and absolutely loved every minute of them.  (He's had a lot of firsts lately!) Most Tuesdays there was another little boy in his "class" but on Thursdays he generally had the teacher all to himself so was able to make some really good progress.


Not so sure about this idea

Starting to feel a little more comfortable

Okay, this isn't so bad.  :)

Playing "Rescue the ducky" was one of his favorite games.

"Green light (kick as hard as you can), Yellow light (kick slowly), Red light (stop)"
Brandon has asked several times when he can go back to swimming lessons and Micah pipes up with, "Some day I can go too?" to which I answer every time, "Absolutely!"

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I loved taking my little ones to swimming lessons. Usually one of us parents was in the pool with them as part of the class. It was neat to be able to learn to teach them ourselves too. I have a couple of kiddos that never got the chance. I guess we should look into that. Never know when some crazy friend might want to swim to a pole in the middle of a lake somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete