Thursday, April 25, 2013

T-Ball and Other Doings


First practice was BRUTAL.  Brandon has a real and deep fear of change and new things and completely shuts down and/or panics.  We had tried to talk him through it as much as possible, but when we got to practice he simply refused to do anything the coaches told him to do.  I tried talking him through it yet again, but he just clung to me so eventually I ended up running the bases with him the first time...then he started relaxing.  This is the first picture I could take of him and you can see he's rather retisent but finally smiling.  At the end of practice they gave him his t-shirt and it was all over after that.  The t-shirt sold the whole thing to him and he has loved it ever since!


His team--the Blue Jays.  Their coach, Aaron, (the one in the matching t-shirt) is coaching because his daughter is the same way with trying new things, so he's really good with Brandon.  They both are very good with kids! 

Yesterday was their first "game".  They switched off hitting/outfielding three times, didn't keep score, and outs didn't count.  But they had fun!


Watching something far more interesting in the opposite direction the ball was coming from.  ;)


Look at that smile!

Micah and daddy had fun wrestling and being boys.
In other news...

We had marble-sized hail the other day that accumulated to about 1.5 to 2 inches in the back yard.  Bryan didn't get any at work...how odd is that.  The "storm" was accompanied by thunder and lightening which the boys found rather fascinating.  Micah has said several times since then, "Maybe thunder and lightening come back soon."



Last week Thursday the boys and I headed down to tromp around in the muddy tulip fields for a while and watch a glass blower work.  It was fun to get away from the crazy busyness we had going on last week.


Finally, the boys played at Grandma's house this week while I had my "baby doctor's" appointment.  Up to this point Brandon has always been the one driving the tractor and Micah climbs in the back.  When I said it was time to put toys away, Micah quick jumped on the tractor and uncharacteristically complying, Brandon jumped in the back and said, "Okay, Micah, you can take me for a ride."  Micah was totally okay with that and pumped those pedals all the way back around the garage with Brandon in the back...no small feat for those little legs!  I think riding his tryke to Bender Park the day before for the first time gave him the confidence to do it.  (Sorry, really bad phone picture, but it's what I had on me.)


Well, the sun is shining and my weeds are over a foot tall...guess where I'm heading... ;)

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment