Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Brandon Adventures

For those of you who know Brandon, you know he is FULL of energy.  Getting that kid to slow down is a bit of a challenge some days.  Anyway, because he is so full of energy he's not always very careful.  Today, not three minutes after getting home from Bible study, I heard a scream coming from Brandon's room.  I knew it was serious because he was crying so hard he couldn't get his breath (he can be a bit of a drama king too so I always listen to the type of cry to gage the seriousness of the situation).  I went back to his room and he comes staggering out and his eye is covered with blood.  My first thought was, "Oh dear, he  poked his eye out."  Very thankfully, that was not the case.  He had, however, split his eyelid open.  Once I got him calmed down and cleaned up a bit I asked him to show me where he had fallen.  He brought me to his bed frame and there, on the dust skirt, was a stretch of skin the length of his cut.  He hit HARD!  Thankfully our amazing pediatrician got him in right away early this afternoon and now, six stitches later, he's watching Cars and calming down after a very traumatic couple hours for him.


Poor kid looks like he's been through a war zone.
  On a lighter note, Brandon is also in that phase where he emphatically says "Brandon do it!" about just about everything.  Yesterday it was combing his own hair.  Usually he sprays his head a couple times and then he's done, but yesterday he got a bit carried away with the spray bottle.  It was quite amusing.  These aren't the greatest pictures but they do give you an idea of how soaked he was.  :)



Hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment