Thursday, January 27, 2011

6 Months!!

Where did the time go?  I clearly remember sitting on the couch at 2 AM one morning, in my sleep deprived state thinking, "When Micah's six months old I won't be having to do these early morning feedings any more...that's a LONG ways away..."  Not so much...it went way too quickly.  Thankfully he stopped needing to get up in the middle of the night after a month and a half already and just this week I cut out his 5 AM feeding so now he eats every time we do, with a 4 o'clock snack in the afternoon.  How quickly children grow.  I'm having a harder time with that with Micah then I did with Brandon, probably because Brandon was an infant for so much longer than Micah ever was.  Anyway, he's teething and non too happy about it.  He spit peaches back at me the other day (I know, Mom, sweet revenge! :))  But bring on the potatoes and rice.  In Bryan's words, "What ever are you going to do, Sara?  You have ANOTHER boy who likes meat and potatoes!" 

Here's the (usually giggling/smiling) tubbo:




The stinker has been doing lots of this:


and this:


but he refuses to roll over, either from front to back or vice versa.  He STOPS himself from continuing.  Brandon did that a little bit, but not this much. 

Micah also has an amazing sense of humor.  The other day he was laying on his jungle gym and he had gotten one of the links off the chain and was very proud of himself.  I was in the kitchen when I heard him giggling and he just didn't stop.  I thought maybe Brandon was tickling him and poked my head around the corner to make sure he was being "gentle" but Brandon was happily playing with his trains and completely ignorning Micah.  Micah was simply laying there cracking himself up!  He had the link laying on his bottom lip and every once in a while he would suck it into his mouth, bite down on it, and then move it back out and LAUGH HARD.  I was in tears I was laughing so hard watching him. 

On a different note, my lens is out for delivery today.  YAY!!!  I've been thankful for a borrowed lens, but I am soooo ready for my own back again.  ;)  And just in time.  As of today we take off in 14 days.  The count down/rush is on.

Have a wonderful finish to your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment